Teeth Whitening Jacksonville
Teeth whitening is an incredibly common request at our dental office in Jacksonville. Our patients desire whiter teeth for a variety of reasons. Some patients’ teeth have slowly become yellowed due to regularly drinking coffee, tea, or soda for many years. Others are simply noticing their teeth yellowing as they age. Whatever the reason, we all desire to have a bright, white smile, and this is easier to achieve than you may think.
Why Causes Discoloration?
Dark-Colored Beverages: Regular drinking of dark-colored beverages such as wine, coffee, or soda can lead to discoloration of the teeth over time if whitening is not performed on the teeth.
- Staining Foods: Regular consumption of tooth-staining foods such as beets, berries, or curries can also contribute to stains on the surface of teeth.
- Tobacco: Cigarette smoking, chewing tobacco, or other tobacco products are known to be extremely damaging to the health of teeth and will certainly cause discoloration.
- Natural aging: some yellowing of the teeth is part of the natural aging process and will occur over time if not treated.
- Fluoride: Excessive ingestion of fluoride is also known to cause tooth discoloration, particularly in young children. Consult your dentist to find out if excessive fluoride is causing your teeth to discolor.
- Plaque or Tartar: Accumulation of plaque or tartar deposits on the surface of teeth will also lead to discoloration over time. Regular teeth cleanings will help prevent this from occurring.
- Trauma: Physical trauma to teeth that hasn’t been treated may lead to a black or bluish tint on the surface of teeth.
Why Should I Whiten My Teeth?
- Special Events: When a special event such as a wedding is approaching and you want to look your best, this is an excellent time to whiten your teeth.
- Professional Photos: Whether you are taking headshots for a new job, or family portraits, whitening your teeth is a quick and easy way to improve your appearance.
- Boost your Confidence: White teeth are a sign of health and vitality. If you notice yourself feeling embarrassed by the discoloration of your teeth, consider a whitening treatment to help bring your confidence back.