About The Jacksonville Dental Society
The Jacksonville Dental Society (abbreviated as JDS) is affiliated with NEDDA (Northeast District Dental Association), and the Florida Dental Association. The Jacksonville Dental Society organization got its start in the year of 1911. When it began, it was known as Jacksonville Society of Dental Surgeons. A few decades later, in 1969, the organization became incorporated, giving it the name of Jacksonville Dental Society, Incorporated.
Jacksonville Dental Society’s primary goal is in providing the opportunity for continuing education (C.E.) to its dental members, as well as their auxiliaries. How is this accomplished? Through what is known as “Dinner Meetings,” which occur each year. On the website of the Jacksonville Dental Society, the Calendar of Events lists the speakers and programs that are scheduled to occur this year.
Another goal of JDS is to represent the overall dental field within Greater Jacksonville. In current times, this organization contains approximately 215 members who are active and 17 members who are known as Retired Life. They also manage the annual initiative, “Give Kids a Smile“, that is held within the Jacksonville area, which is held at the beginning of the year, generally during February.
JDS implores and embraces all dentists who practice in Greater Jacksonville to join their organization and take up the mission of supporting dental education, essential service in the community, and the beauty of comradery in this area.
Address: 2950 Halcyon Ln, Jacksonville, FL 32223
The Jacksonville Dental Society is a member of the American Dental Association, the Florida Dental Association, and the Northeast District Dental Association.
According to the website of the Jacksonville Dental Society, any dentist who practices within the Greater Jacksonville area is eligible for membership.
In order to help its auxiliaries, the Jacksonville Dental Society offers a number of programs and services. For example:
- Membership – Members of JDS can purchase products that are available through the Auxilary of JDS, which includes corsets, trays, brushes, cords, and many more items.
- Continuing Education – JDS hosts monthly “Dinner Meetings” in the Jacksonville area, and these meetings are geared towards those who are interested in learning more about the field of dentistry.
- Membership Directory – A listing of all members of JDS is currently available on their website.
- Some of the benefits of becoming a member of JDS include:
- Membership in an organization that provides education, as well as representation for its members in the Jacksonville area.
- Meeting other professionals within the dental field.
- Networking with other professionals.
Farnham Dentistry is proud to be a member of the Jacksonville Dental Society. We feel that it is a privilege to have the opportunity to collaborate and network with other dentists from the Jacksonville area, as well as receive the support we need to help promote dental health in Jacksonville, FL.