Need The Best Dental Implants in Jacksonville?
Many patients come to our Jacksonville office desiring a healthy and long-lasting solution for replacing their missing teeth. In many cases, dental implants
may be the best option available. A dental implant is securely held to the jaw through the use of an artificial root that is placed directly into the jaw bone. In order to do this, the patient must have healthy gums and strong bone density so that the artificial root can take hold. If these requirements can be met, the artificial root can provide a secure placeholder for dental implants
to replace the missing teeth. Because of the artificial root, dental implants
often feel more comfortable and secure than crowns or dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Stability: Dental implants are fused into the gums and jawbone, so they stay securely in place, giving you the same stability as your natural teeth.
- Easy cleaning: Dental implants can be cleaned in the same way your natural teeth are cleaned, through brushing and flossing regularly. There is no extra upkeep for implants.
- Aesthetics: Dental implants are an excellent cosmetic solution to missing teeth as they offer the same look and feel as your natural teeth.
Types of Dental Implants
There are two common types of safe dental implants as recognized by the American Dental Association:
- Subperiosteal Implants: These types of dental implants consist of the artificial root being surgically placed within the gum tissue but above the jawbone structure, much like a brace. If a patient has low jawbone density, this may be the best option.
- Endosteal Implants: This type of dental implant is anchored within the actual jawbone structure for a secure hold. These are the most common type of dental implants. The best candidates for endosteal implants are those whose jawbone is strong and healthy.
At Farnham Dentistry, we tailor each procedure to our specific patients’ needs. We take the time to study the complete oral environment before suggesting a procedure. If you need dental implants in Jacksonville FL and are searching for a local dentist you can trust, call our office today to schedule your initial examination.