Invisalign® is an excellent treatment option for achieving a straight and beautiful smile without the use of metal braces. It is a comfortable and convenient solution for those who would like to improve their current smile in a more modern way. If you are searching for Invisalign in Jacksonville FL, all three of the dentists at Farnham Dentistry are certified Invisalign® Preferred Providers.
Invisalign® treatment consists of wearing a series of custom-made clear retainers that slowly shift the teeth into proper alignment. Each retainer, or aligner, is worn for 22-24 hours per day and is only removed during eating and brushing. Depending on the treatment plan, the aligners are changed every two weeks, so frequent dental visits are typically required. It can take anywhere from six months to two years for the desired results to be achieved, but the time spent is well worth it. Brushing after each meal is necessary for keeping teeth clean during treatment.
Braces or Invisalign®?
This is a question that our patients ask us all the time, and the answer truly depends on each patient's’ specific dental plan. Here are some pros and cons of each:
- Braces are more effective for more complex issues or when more serious alignment is needed.
- Invisalign® is removable and can be taken out at your convenience when you are eating a meal or brushing your teeth, making oral hygiene more convenient and you’ll be less likely to get food caught in your teeth
- Braces cannot be removed, so they are constantly moving your teeth and you don’t have the temptation of removing them at any time, thus they can work more quickly and effectively.
- Invisalign® is fairly comfortable. A slight amount of soreness may be experienced.
- Braces can cause pain and soreness from the wire brackets rubbing against the cheeks and tongue.
If you are considering Invisalign® treatment in Jacksonville, the team at Farnham Dentistry is fully equipped to deliver the smile you desire. We have many years of experience helping patients with a wide variety of dental situations, and look forward to helping you as well.